A deep cleansing facial is great for oily or problematic skin. If you suffer from acne breakouts often, this is a great solution to the problem.
With this facial, we focus on giving your skin a real deep cleansing to remove daily dirt build-up, excess oils, and reduce the daily grime that causes your breakouts.
You will experience aromatherapy facial steaming which will open your pores allowing your beautician to carry out a deep cleansing with double exfoliation and steaming. We will be able to remove build-up and give your skin the polish it needs to look bright, fresh, and youthful.
Facial Aftercare Advice
After a Facial Treatment:
• It is recommended not to apply to make up for up to 12 hours after the treatment to allow the skin to fully absorb the products used in your treatment, it also allows time for the skin to ‘breathe’ so as not to clog the pores.
• Try to avoid drinking caffeine or alcohol where possible as these are highly dehydrating to the skin, making the skin dry and dull.
• Drinking plenty of water (1.5 - 2 litres a day) will greatly improve the skin's complexion and help rid the body of toxins giving you a healthy glow.
• Try to avoid the sun immediately after your treatment as the top layer of dead skin cells will have been removed in your treatment, therefore, making your skin particularly sensitive to sunlight. Don't forget to protect your skin from UV light on a daily basis to help prevent skin damage.
• Use products recommended to you during your treatment, aim to double-cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice a day and also exfoliate and apply a mask twice a week. This will improve your complexion and make your facial treatment more beneficial and effective.
Tips for super skin:
• Avoid excessive sun exposure, which damages the skin on all levels. Use a good (preferably organic) sunscreen of at least SPF15 during the summer.
• Do not smoke and try to avoid passive smoking. Smoking causes the narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin, impairing blood flow and depleting the skin of oxygen and nutrients. Smoking also damages collagen and elastin, causing the skin to sag and wrinkle prematurely.
• Keep calm and avoid excess stress. Stress promotes an increase of free radicals in the body, a major cause of premature ageing. Regular stress causes the skin to be consistently starved of both blood and oxygen, making it dull and lifeless, less supple, less hydrated and prone to clogged pores and breakouts.
• Limit alcohol and intake of stimulants. Alcohol, in particular, dilates the blood vessels in the skin and excessive drinking leads to chronic dilation of the capillaries, causing a permanent flush on the face. It also depletes vitamin A in the body.
• Have a fantastic diet, basing it around fresh organic fruit and vegetables and the foods known to encourage healthy ageing. Choose supplements to slow the ageing process, boost your overall nutrient intake and reduce oxidative stress.
• Hydrate! The more water you drink, the better your skin can eliminate toxins, retain moisture and stay looking youthful. Six - eight glasses is about right (choose pure filtered or mineral water).